Friday 26 April 2013

Flash Fiction Friday - Sins #FFF

Happy Friday, folks.

I found today's picture prompt incredibly inspiring, and I hope you enjoy my 100 words.


Sins



         The acid rain burned, and washed his guilt away with the layers of his skin. The physical pain was nothing compared to the burden he carried in his heart. No amount of torture he put his body through could ever atone for his part in the destruction raining down on them from above.
         "General, get in here now. This will only get worse."
         He waved the soldier away, back into the safety of the bunker.
         "My place is taken, check the records."                     
         The door clanged shut behind him, and he lifted his head to face the death of his invention.

*****
Friday Flashers have 100 words to tell a story from the provided picture prompt. Do check out the other flashers. You won't be disappointed. :-)
Till next week, folks.

D x


12 comments:

  1. Wow, how strong that flash was.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats really evocative Doris, really liked it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I had a physical reaction at the end of that flash. I have to look at the picture again...I see your character. It's clear as day to me now. The pain he feels not only externally, but mainly internally. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S.J. pretty much what happened to me when I saw the pic. He was there in my head instantly :-)

      Delete
  4. Your words were so foreboding considering the events in our world today. I love your take on the selected photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dark and ominous. I'm curious what has happened and if he will pull through or melt away with the destruction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd quite like to know that too! He hasn't told me!

      Delete